Name of Employer: Forsyth Futures
Employer Website: https://www.forsythfutures.org/
Job title: Research Analyst
Job Details / Description
POSITION SUMMARY: Forsyth Futures is a 501(c)(3) charged with studying the greater Forsyth County and City of Winston-Salem, NC area to support data-informed community action. This position is an integral part of the Data and Research Services component of Forsyth Futures’ mission. A Research Analyst is responsible for extracting, manipulating, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data regarding key community indicators and related special projects. Considerable statistical analysis in R will be a substantial part of position responsibilities. The Research Analyst also formulates and communicates key research findings and evidence-based recommendations in collaboration in FF’s communications and data education services.
Salary range: $46,000 – $50,000 based on qualifications. Sorry, no relocation compensation available.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Collaborates with other analysts to design and conduct research projects using quantitative and sometimes qualitative data.
- Collects and analyzes key indicators of community well-being.
- Assists with preparation and production of high quality, credible, and useful reports and other products in accordance with established deadlines.
- Works effectively in both independent and collaborative situations in a dynamic, flexible, fast-paced culture.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data, information, and processes.
- Learns to code in the R programming language to conduct data manipulation and statistical data analysis.
- MA/MS/MEd degree in a field related to the work of Forsyth Futures (urban planning, education, sociology, economics, public health, health science, public policy, or another scientific discipline with research and analysis focus) strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree in a field related to the work of Forsyth Futures required.
- Experience in research and data analysis required.
- Experience with statistical hypothesis testing necessary, and experience with some form of statistical modeling is preferred.
- Highly proficient in analyzing and interpreting data; able to synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into effective and actionable reports.
- Highly proficient with MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Geographic Information Systems skills desirable.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and resourceful with limited direction, produces tangible results, and thinks outside of the box.
- Observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Recognizes the importance of providing outstanding service and support to both internal and external clients.
- Makes sound decisions in a timely manner, even with limited data. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Works well in collaborative team environments.
- Solid presentation skills with proven ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Very rare ability to work flexible hours (limited nights and weekends, as needed for events and meetings).
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following: walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time, operating assigned equipment.
REPORTS TO: Director of Data and Research
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position with associated benefits.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: June 18, 2018 or until filled.