Name of Employer: Town of Morrisville
Employer Website: http://www.ci.morrisville.nc.us/index.aspx?NID=160
Job title: Senior Building Inspector
Job Details / Description
SALARY: $24.74 – $27.22 Hourly
$51,469.00 – $56,615.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 04/07/17
CLOSING DATE: 04/24/17 11:59 PM
Performs difficult and responsible technical work at the highest level of certification in the inspection of all phases of building plans and construction; does related work as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Inspections Director.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Performs commercial plan review for compliance with building codes;
- Performs field inspections of commercial construction to ensure compliance with codes;
- Meets with contractors, engineers and others regarding codes issues;
- Signs certificates of occupancy.
- Receives complaints in regard to defective construction and handles enforcement problems.
- Inspects existing buildings for hazardous conditions, structural failures or improper uses.
- Issues warnings and stop-work orders if necessary where construction is not being made in compliance with regulations.
- Answers questions from private citizens, contractors, design professionals and developers.
- Reviews plans for compliance with state building codes and Town ordinances. Issues permits.
- Participates in plan review meetings, drafts letters to contractors, design professionals and developers.
- Testifies in court on code violation cases.
- Makes reports and keeps records regarding inspections.
- Serves as a lead over other Building Inspectors. Trains new employees on Town procedures regarding code enforcement and safety.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of the building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical trades; extensive knowledge of building, construction, engineering and structural engineering principles and practices; extensive knowledge with building and related codes laws and ordinances; ability to plan, direct and coordinate the various phases of inspection services; ability to solve problems within scope of responsibility; firmness and tact in enforcing building codes; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with building owners, contractors, associates, and the general public.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school with additional vocational training in the trades and extensive experience in the building trades, preferably in the inspections field.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
100 Town Hall Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560