Name of Employer: DeKalb County Planning and Sustainability Department, Decatur, GA
Employer Website: https://www.dekalbcountyga.gov/
Job title: Senior Planner
Job Details / Description
The DeKalb County Planning and Sustainability Department, Long Range Planning Division is seeking an experienced Senior Planner. Candidates with background in architecture and urban design are encouraged to apply. The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Professionally draft/ edit planning studies and other documents.
- Manage planning and design projects for urban design studies, overlays, and from-based codes.
- Review development projects for consistency with county’s comprehensive plan and other planning documents.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate design ideas graphically is preferred.
- Leads community participation for a variety of planning efforts including charrettes and design-based policy and zoning implementation efforts.
- Prepares, presents, and reviews items to be presented to the Planning Commission and Board of Commissioners.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration or a related field required; two years of experience in planning, zoning, and project management; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.