Name of Employer: City of High Point
Employer Website: www.highpointnc.gov
High Point, NC
Job title: Senior Planner (Development Review/Board of Adjustment Coordinator)
Job Details / Description
The City of High Point Planning and Development Department is seeking a qualified applicant to fill a Senior Planner position. Individual will perform responsible professional and technical work in the development services division of the Planning and Development Department, primarily coordinating the review of development applications.
Salary ranges from $48,093.76 – $65,274.56 annually depending on qualifications, along with an excellent benefits package. Applicant must upload a Cover Letter and Resume with Application.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Formal Education
- Master’s degree in planning, geography, public administration or closely related field with tw(2) years of relevant planning experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, geography, public administration or closely related field with four (4) years of relevant planning experience.
- Well-developed knowledge of urban planning principles, practices and techniques;
- In-depth knowledge of zoning and land development practices;
- Knowledge of state and local laws and regulations applicable twork responsibilities;
- Knowledge of principles, methodology and practices of research, data collection and analysis; and
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications, including the use of geographic information applications in planning.
- Proficient computer skills to use software applications to process board and land development submissions and conduct electronic plan reviews;
- Excellent communication skills to communicate in various forms and convey complex information clearly and effectively to different audiences;
- Creative problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to resolve land development process conflicts;
- Effective facilitation skills to lead productive group discussions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create and maintain productive working relationships with associates, city officials, customers and the public;
- Ability tread and interpret land development plans and architectural designs to obtain required information;
- Ability to comprehend and correctly apply development regulations and find practical solutions;
- Ability to prepare and present technical reports in oral and written form; and
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage them effectively to meet established deadlines.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification
- NC Certified Zoning Official (CZO) certification
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc.
This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date of September 14, 2018. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.