Name of Employer: City of Greensboro
Employer Website: https://www.greensboro-nc.gov/
Job title: Senior Planner
Job Details / Description
The City of Greensboro is seeking a Senior Planner in its Long Range and Strategic Planning Division, with an emphasis on redevelopment planning. The following statements are a general description of the nature and level of the work assigned to the position and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for employees so classified.
- Developing longterm relationships with neighborhoods and helping build capacity in neighborhood organizations.
- Communicating planning concepts and market information to the public.
- Managing the marketing of sites and the analysis of purchase offers. This includes writing Requests for Proposals and managing the selection process, as well as building connections with builders and developers.
- Sourcing and analyzing data, and explaining the results to the public.
- Having direct contact and making presentations to boards and commissions, including City Council and the City Manager’s Office.
- Making analysis and recommendations on City policy related to the Comprehensive Plan and other guiding documents.
- Managing the disposition of property and oversight of the subsequent construction process.
- A basic knowledge of the housing market.
- A basic knowledge of gap financing, particularly HUD funding sources.
- Ability to use ArcGIS
This job is Exempt and is not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards
Salary $53,888.00 $71,851.00 Annually
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in planning, zoning, public administration, or related field
- Current American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) or other planningrelated professional certification
- Experience staffing public boards or commissions
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, and ARCGIS
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master’s Degree in Planning, Public Administration, Geography or Political Science
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience related in planning, zoning, public administration or related fields
- Experience with design and designrelated software such as SketchUp or Adobe Creative Suite
How to Apply