Name of Employer: Town of Fuquay-Varina
Employer Website: www.fuquay-varina.org
Job title: Senior Planner – Long-Range Planning
Job Details / Description
The Senior Planner – Long-Range Planning requires advanced professional planning experience of high complexity and variety. This position often leads or is significantly involved with larger, more complex planning assignments and projects, and should possess greater independence and judgment while receiving general supervision from the Planning Director. This position supervises additional members of the Planning Department Staff and offers the potential for future advancement.
- Manages complex planning projects, development applications and reviews consultant proposals
- Performs advanced professional work related to variety of planning assignments
- Reviews and processes complex long-range plans and amendments thereto, including land use and transportation plans
- Performs overall project management of long-range and other projects led by the Planning Department
- Interacts frequently with the community and development professionals
- Provides professional planning assistance to/and oversight of Planning staff members on varied land use and zoning concerns
- Works collaboratively with other staff and departments to solve common problems and advances organization-wide initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Job Candidate Qualifications
The Senior Planner – Long-Range Planning requires a master’s degree in planning or related field and four years of professional planning experience, or bachelor’s degree in planning or a related field and six years of professional planning experience. Supervisory experience is preferred. AICP certification is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices and techniques of urban planning
- General knowledge and experience in development and construction processes
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with graphic software including InDesign and SketchUp preferred
- General knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations related to development
- Ability to demonstrate the core value of customer service through effective community, active listening, and diplomacy in interactions with development professionals, property owners, and the general public
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.fuquay-varina.org. The application submittal period closes on July 3, 2018.