Name of Employer: City of Milton
Employer Website: https://www.cityofmiltonga.us/
Job Title: Senior Planner
Job Details / Description
The City of Milton is a distinctive community that embraces small-town life and heritage while preserving and enhancing the city’s rural character. Located at the northern tip of Fulton County, Milton, incorporated in 2006, is one of the northern metro Atlanta area’s newest cities. The City has been recognized nationally for its high quality of life and was recently voted as the best city in Georgia. Milton is a premier city that strives to promote a high quality of life, create a strong sense of community and place, and respects its rural heritage while guiding its future to be the best place to call home.The position oversees all aspects of plan review, and development, including, but not limited to, site plan review, subdivision review, permit applications, zoning regulations, neighborhood plan development and implementation, current and long-range planning projects and Comprehensive Plan development and implementation. The position will get an opportunity to work with the Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Design Review Board.
Typical duties include:
- Prepares reports and writes position papers on projects, rezoning cases, land use cases, and subdivision plats.
- Participates in meetings with developers and assists in the evaluation of proposed projects consistent with the city codes.
- Assists in the preparation of agenda materials for the Planning Commission and City Council.
- Attends Planning Commission and City Council meetings to make presentations or to participate in discussions as needed.
- Consults and coordinates with other City departments, external agencies and civic groups in furthering interest and/or action regarding a plan, program or project.
- Prepares a variety of studies, reports and related information for decision-making purposes.
- Develops and writes ordinances and amendments for consideration by the governing body.
- Conducts research for and writes technical manuals, promotional literature, and other informational material regarding plans, programs and projects.
- Responds to citizen inquiries concerning land use and development issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Information – $56,000-$80,000
Job Candidate Qualifications
Master’s Degree in land use planning, urban planning, public administration, architecture or related field and three (3) years of experience in planning or a related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess a valid driver’s license, satisfactory MVR and the ability to attain a valid Georgia Driver’s License