Name of Employer: City of Concord
Employer Website: www.concordnc.gov
Job title: Senior Planner – Parks & Recreation
Job Details / Description
Job Purpose: Fulfill short-range and long-range Parks and Recreation planning and development responsibilities. Manage current development projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the Greenway Master Plan. Recommend acquisition and development opportunities and assist with acquisition. Coordinate with consultants to create designs, budgets and permitting. Participate in construction administration.
- Evaluate land acquisition needs for park facility development. Recommend acquisition opportunities and evaluate parcels to determine if they are suitable for acquisition.
- Participate in park facility development by coordinating with Engineering Department and consultants to create facility designs. Participate as needed with design, budgeting, permitting, bidding and construction administration.
- Provide construction administration of greenways and park facilities.
- Participate on the Parks and Recreation Project Management Team.
- Master Plan existing park facilities in cooperation with Engineering Department and consultants.
Starting Salary: $52,193.96
Job Candidate Qualifications
- modern park planning principles and practices.
- Park construction and/or development procedures.
- Research methods and techniques.
- Project management principles and practices.
Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Political Science, Geography, Public Administration, Architecture, or Economics from an accredited college or university, with at least three (3) years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.concordnc.gov
or in person at Concord Human Resources, 35 Cabarrus Avenue West, Concord, NC 28026
Closing date: 12/18/17