Name of Employer: City of Charlotte
Employer Website: https://careers.charlottenc.gov/psp/ER92PRD/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL
Job title: Senior Principal Planner, Entitlement Services
Job Details / Description
The Planning Department is seeking an experienced urban planner to support the Entitlement Services Division and other critical zoning services. This Senior Principal Planner position will have a range of responsibilities, in conjunction with the preparation and analysis of zoning cases and zoning compliance in urban districts throughout the city.
These responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Technical writing, planning research and analysis
- Plan review, development proposal review, policy development
- Geographic information services support
- Extensive planning background with an emphasis in the application of regulatory tools, especially zoning
- Site plan review experience, with some of that experience analyzing and assessing complex urban rezoning petitions
- Thorough understanding of planning policy and implementation of policy through regulations
- Ability to confidently communicate, with excellent public speaking and writing skills, and group facilitation skills
- Collaborative leadership, with ability to facilitate multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently with minimal level of supervision
Job Candidate Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or Urban Design with three (3) years of thorough and relevant work in zoning, land use and regulatory related content experience; or a Master’s degree with one year of relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job duties.
** AICP or other certifications are preferred **
How to Apply
If you need assistance completing your online application, you are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available.
Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays. Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to CityHrJobPostingsNotify@ci.charlotte.nc.us.