Name of Employer: City of Wilson
Employer Website: www.wilsonnc.org/jobs
Job title: Sr. Community Development Planner
Job Details / Description
This position performs specialized work in support of community development, housing and revitalization projects in the City. Specifically, this position:
- Coordinates and maintains various community development programs.
- Acts as coordinator between City and contractors, consultants, and clients.
- Assists the Planning and Community Development Manager in the implementation of all aspects of the Community Development Program.
- Maintains confidentiality of personal financial information of clients as required by law.
- Coordinates with other community agencies for resources to assist clients.
- Researches available grants; recommends potential grant programs; assists in completing grant applications.
- Assists in the preparation of Housing, Revitalization and Neighborhood Plans and performs work to implement the same.
- Serves as grant administrator by maintaining required records for grants and other assigned projects and ensures required reporting is completed on-time
- Prepares bid packages for bid openings; ensures advertising requirements are met for bid openings and public hearings.
- Documents and requests checks for contractors and consultants and from granting agencies; coordinates with Finance Department.
- Plans and conducts various community development and planning related workshops.
- Attends neighborhood meetings and community events to explain program offerings and to solicit interest in various grant programs offered through the City.
- Assists in budget activities.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Sufficient experience to understand the major duties of the position usually associated with having held a similar position for two or more years.
- Knowledge of HUD and State Department of Commerce guidelines and policies.
- Knowledge of the functions and goals of the Community Development, Downtown Development and Planning Programs.
- Knowledge of local and state housing codes as well as land development codes.
- Knowledge of land use and planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of community resources for homeowners.
- Skill in the use of computers and other office equipment.
- Skill in the acquisition and administration of grants.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in providing effective customer service.
How to Apply
All interested applicants must apply online. Resumes may be submitted but are NOT a substitute for the electronic application.
To apply please visit www.wilsonnc.org/jobs and search for Senior Community Development Planner.
Position Open until March 15 or until filled.