Employer: Western Piedmont Council of Governments
Employer website: www.wpcog.org
Job title: Stormwater Administrator
The Stormwater Administrator is responsible for the administration of Phase II stormwater regulations within the Western Piedmont Council of Governments service area for those governments with whom WPCOG has been contracted to perform such services. A Stormwater Administrator reviews plans for stormwater BMP’s, performs field investigations and site inspections, investigates and responds to citizen complaints related to stormwater, and prepares and maintains required documentation for Phase II reporting, compliance audits related to stormwater BMP installations and maintenance, and illicit discharge investigations and enforcement.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The hiring range for this position is $39,194 – $45,000 depending on qualifications and experience. New hires are eligible for up to a 5% increase with the successful completion of probationary period.
- WPCOG is a member of the North Carolina Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System. This entitles vested employees with at least five years of employment to a defined benefit at the time of retirement. Members contribute 6% of gross compensation each month. This is a before-tax deduction. Western Piedmont Council of Governments contributes an actuarially determined percentage of the gross payroll of members each month.
- The Western Piedmont Council of Governments contributes 4.2% of each employee’s salary to the employer sponsored 401k or 457 plan of their choosing. WPCOG will also match up to 4% of each employee’s salary for a total maximum contribution/match of 8.2%.
- WPCOG pays 100% of an employee’s health and vision coverage. The current plan is a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Contributions to the HSA are made pre-tax through payroll deduction.
- WPCOG pays 100% of the following premiums:
o Life Insurance – $100,000
o Accidental Death & Dismemberment
o Dental Insurance – Employee and Family
o Short-Term Disability (Weekly Indemnity)
o Long-Term Disability
- WPCOG provides for the following payroll deduction and retirement options:
o NC 457 Plan
o NC 401(k) Plan
o Local Government & State Employees’ Credit Union payroll deductions
o Voluntary additional life insurance
- WPCOG Provides for the following paid leave options:
o 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
o Annual Leave earned on a sliding scale bases on years of service
o 12 Sick Leave Days Per Year
o Longevity Pay
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Requires and Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geography, zoning/code enforcement or other relevant field supplemented by 2-3 years of experience related to civil engineering, site construction, or municipal stormwater management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Hands-on experience interpreting or executing civil plans for stormwater BMPs is preferred.;
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License;
- Must complete the MDC (Minimum Design Criteria) course at the first available course offering (and no later than 18 months from start of employment) and Stormwater SCM Inspection & Maintenance Certification within 12 months of employment.
How to Apply
Position is open until filled. Submit by May 24, 2019 for first consideration.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references, and WPCOG application to Director of Administrative Services and Human Resources, Ashley Bolick, at WPCOG, P.O. Box 9026, Hickory, NC 28603. Emailing application materials is acceptable, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions should be directed to Ashley at (828) 485-4221. Final candidates will be subject to an interview process. The WPCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.