Name of Employer: Eastern Carolina Council of Governments
Employer Website: http://www.eccog.org/
New Bern, NC
Job title: Transportation Planner
Job Details / Description
Eastern Carolina Council of Governments (ECC), located in New Bern, NC, is seeking a qualified individual to fill a Transportation Planner position. As a member of ECC’s planning team, this position will be actively involved in a variety of transportation planning work with the Down East Rural Planning Organization (RPO) and Eastern Carolina Rural Planning Organization (RPO). The position will comprise of working with NCDOT staff, local elected officials, ECC staff members, and citizens on a regular basis. Position duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing transportation planning support to the Planning Director.
- Administering and/or supporting federal and state awarded grant projects.
- Assisting in the regional transportation planning activities of the Down East and Eastern Carolina RPOs.
- Applies knowledge of transportation concepts, regional planning organizations, and impact studies to provide staff support to advisory boards and elected officials.
- Providing GIS assistance for transportation, environmental, and other planning projects as needed.
Excellent benefits package including Local Government Retirement System, 3% 401k employer contribution, vacation/sick days, Blue Cross Blue Shield medical, dental, life insurance, vision, and 13 paid holidays. The hiring range is $44,361 – $54,948 DOQ with a full salary range of $44,361 – $65,536.
Job Candidate Qualifications
The ideal applicant will be a motivated individual with demonstrated leadership ability and excellent communication, writing, oral presentation, and organizational skills. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in planning, transportation planning, or a related field. AICP certification is preferred, but not required. Applicant must have in-depth experience with GIS as well as transportation planning. MPO, RPO, or other transportation experience is desirable.
How to Apply
Email completed North Carolina PD 107 form along with your letter of interest and resume to Finance Director Jenny Miller at email@example.com by 5PM on Friday, September 29, 2017.