Name of Employer: Town of Chapel Hill, NC
Employer Website: https://www.townofchapelhill.org
Chapel Hill, NC
Job title: Transportation Planning Assistant-Program Support
Job Details / Description
The Transportation Planning Division is seeking up to two (2) motivated and organized self-starters to fill the role of Transportation Planning Assistant. This position is responsible for working with Town staff on transportation planning projects, multimodal count data analysis, demographics studies, and GIS data management.
The position offers exposure to municipal transportation planning focused on bicycle, pedestrian, and transit access and connectivity.
Successful candidates will receive professional oversight from transportation planning professionals.
- Assist with data collection activities and analysis in the office and/or field
- Analyze and map data in an engaging and user-friendly manner
- Collect, enter, tabulate and analyze demographic and performance data
- Prepare brief memos explaining methodology and findings
- Assist with the preparation of existing conditions reports and other plan chapters
- Conduct research as needed to assist senior staff on projects
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and other community outreach activities
This position offers two types of employment opportunities:
- Summer employment only: This option offers full time (40 hours per week) employment beginning mid-May/early June 2019 and ending mid-August 2019.
- Summer employment extending into Fall: this option offers full-time (40 hours) employment beginning mid-May/early June 2019, and converting to a part time employment (10-15 hours per week) beginning mid-August 2019. Part time employment may extend as long as May 2020.
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Type: Seasonal
Job Candidate Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have one of the following qualifications:
- completed a BA/BS in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Public Policy, Geography or a related degree;
- be currently enrolled in a graduate planning program; or
- recently completed a graduate planning program.
Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe products (including Illustrator and InDesign), Google SketchUp, AutoCAD, and GIS is strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 03/31/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time