Name of Employer: WPCOG
Employer Website: www.wpcog.org
Job title: Transportation Planning Manager
Job Details / Description
COMMUNITY & REGIONAL PLANNING DEPARTMENT:
The Transportation workgroup works within the Community & Regional Planning Department. The Transportation Planning Manager reports to the Community & Regional Planning Director, supervises one Transportation Planner and functionally manages various other support staff (planning, administrative, GIS) who also contribute to the operation of the Greater Hickory MPO.
The Transportation Planning Manager performs, manages and directs work of other staff in difficult professional transportation planning work for local government members by serving as the principal staff to the Greater Hickory MPO. Work includes preparing comprehensive transportation planning recommendations with the COG serving as lead agency; conducting transportation related planning; analyzing data, ordinances, laws and policies and developing recommendations and preparing and presenting reports; and providing technical transportation planning assistance to the local government members. Work requires thorough knowledge of the transportation planning field and independent judgment and initiative in the performance of duties. Work is performed primarily in an inside environment.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
The hiring range for this position is $56,484-$70,606 depending on qualifications and experience. New hires are eligible for up to a 5% increase with the successful completion of probationary period.
- WPCOG is a member of the North Carolina Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System. This entitles vested employees with at least five years of employment to a defined benefit at the time of retirement. Members contribute 6% of gross compensation each month. This is a before-tax deduction. Western Piedmont Council of Governments contributes an actuarially determined percentage of the gross payroll of members each month.
- The Western Piedmont Council of Governments will matches up to 1% of each employee’s salary to the employer sponsored 401k, 403b or 457 plan of their choosing (Board approved to begin approximately 7/1/2018, WPCOG will contribute 4.2% of each employee’s salary and match 4% for a total of 8.2%).
- WPCOG pays 100% of an employee’s health and vision coverage. The current plan is a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Contributions to the H.S.A. are made pre-tax through payroll deduction.
- WPCOG pays 100% of the following premiums:
- Life Insurance – $100,000
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Dental Insurance – Employee and Family
- Short-Term Disability (Weekly Indemnity)
- Long-Term Disability
- WPCOG provides for the following payroll deduction and retirement options:
- American Funds 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- NC 457 Retirement Plan
- NC 401(k) Plans
- Local Government & State Employees’ Credit Union payroll deductions
- Voluntary additional life insurance
- WPCOG Provides for the following paid leave options:
- 11 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Annual Leave earned on a sliding scale bases on years of service
- 12 Sick Leave Days Per Year
- Longevity Pay
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in planning, transportation, civil engineering, public administration or related field
- Considerable experience in municipal, county, transportation or regional planning with some supervisory and administrative experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Prefer Master’s degree in related field and American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) designation or professional engineer (PE)
How to Apply
Position is open until filled. Submit by February 9th, 2018 for first consideration.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, references, and WPCOG application to Director of Administrative Services and Human Resources, Ashley Bolick, at WPCOG, P.O. Box 9026, Hickory, NC 28603. Emailing application materials is acceptable, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions should be directed to Ashley at (828) 485-4221. Final candidates will be subject tan interview process. The WPCOG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.