Name of Employer: RATIO Architects, Inc.
Employer Website: www.RATIOdesign.com
Job title: Urban Planner
Job Details / Description
RATIO is seeking an urban planner for our Raleigh office. The preferred candidate has 5-7 years of experience, is design focused, has exceptional illustrative graphics skills, has a well-developed knowledge of the Adobe suite and Sketchup, and can demonstrate experience with regional, district, neighborhood, and corridor scale planning. It is not necessary to be certified, but a dual degree in landscape architecture, architecture or urban design is desirable. The position will include work at the local office, but also with our other studios in Indianapolis, Chicago and Champaign. Periodic travel to these offices is a part of the position. RATIO is a dynamic and intra-disciplinary design firm with a rapidly expanding national and international practice focused on public space, higher education, urban design and planning policy.
Job Candidate Qualifications
- Degree in urban planning or a related field (master’s degree preferred)
- 5-7 Years of full-time job experience in architecture, urban planning and design, landscape architecture, or a related field.
- Strong design skills and sensibilities
- AICP, AIA, RLA accredited or on an accreditation track; LEED accreditation preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Ability to manage project deliverables, deadlines and budgets
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Good public facilitation, communication, writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, AutoCad, and 3D programs; knowledge of GIS a plus; hand sketching skills a plus
- Able to use time effectively based on key priorities; manage multiple assignments concurrently
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and portfolio via our website at www.RATIOdesign.com.