Name of Employer: The Berkley Group
Employer Website: http://bgllc.net
Northampton County, VA
Job title: Zoning Administrator/Subdivision Agent
Job Details / Description:
Salary Range: $50,000 – $65,000 – DOQ
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Deadline: Open until filled
The Berkley Group seeks a qualified, self-motivated applicant to serve as a Zoning Administrator/Subdivision Agent for the company. The position will assist Northampton County, Virginia with its planning and zoning functions.
Primary functions include:
- Regular, reliable attendance necessary;
- Day-to-day current development operations including code enforcement, zoning permits, site plan and subdivision plat review, zoning review and enforcement, and planning applications;
- Strong customer service in working with the general public, contractors, architects, developers, public officials, state and federal agencies, etc.;
- Review of site plans, rezonings, subdivisions, etc., for compliance with the Northampton County Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, and other local and state regulations;
- Drafting staff reports, filing, and record keeping;
- Zoning Administrator and Subdivision Agent for the towns of Eastville and Nassawadox;
- Perform code enforcement duties including, but not limited to, processing and documenting complaints, issuing notice of complaints, issuing notice of violations, and tracking progress until resolution;
- Staff support for Boards & Commissions as necessary;
- Independent and team work on a variety of special projects;
- These duties may evolve or otherwise be amended to meet the needs of contract clients.
Job Candidate Qualifications
Thorough knowledge of current and long-range planning activities including zoning and code enforcement practices as applicable to the Commonwealth of Virginia; ability to read and interpret local, state, and federal regulations, surveys, site plans, plats, and plans of development; ability to gather and interpret technical and statistical information and prepare technical reports; ability to establish effective working relationships with local staff, regional partnership staff, state agencies, contractors, architects, land developers, associates and the general public; strong verbal and written communication skills. Technical skills, including proficiency in GIS and desktop publishing systems, desirable. AICP and CZO/CZA credentials preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
At least two (2) years of progressive experience in a professional planning setting required. Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, public policy, or a field related to urban planning, community development, or public administration. Master’s degree preferred.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Todd Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Berkley Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer